HK Kolmar Canada is a rapidly growing local manufacturer of personal care and cosmetic products in business for over 68 years. We are currently seeking Set-up Mechanics/Technician with hands on tool and machinery experience to support our both our Afternoon shift.
- MONDAY – THURSDAY, 10-HR SHIFT, 4:30PM-2:30AM
This position maintains a constant check of component parts, materials, packing supplies, etc. on assembly lines confirming proper type, size, shade and condition for the job. Maintains a consistent check on materials produced on assembly lines to ensure assembly processes are followed correctly and production machinery is working properly. Notifies Set Up A or Supervisor promptly of problems requiring attention. Maintains constant check on mechanical operations for safety and fire hazards. Performs regular checks on all production as prescribed. Keeps records and controls data as required to ensure proper documentation for future reference. Works with minimum supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible to ensure all assigned machinery is properly adjusted to scheduled production and in good running condition.
- Ability to troubleshoot and correct issues with machinery; complete required adjustments and minor repairs to maintain production and limit downtime.
- Ability to recognize the requirement for major repairs and communicate appropriately for immediate assistance from Supervisor.
- Responsible to maintain an adequate level of supplies for Operators and inform Supervisor of any shortages.
- Responsible for proper product identification on finished cases.
- Responsible for recording and posting accurate production counts to daily line records
- Should assist line operators and line set-up personnel as time allows.
- Pack skids according to required patterns and specifications and move from line.
- Responsible to know and comply with all HK Kolmar Canada and governmental policies and procedures in respect to safety, GMP and environmental compliance.
Grade 12 or equivalent required; Post-Secondary Preferred
- Knowledge of Production Machinery
- PLC Knowledge considered an asset
- High Mechanical Aptitude
- Small Engine knowledge/experience
- Hands on Tool experience
- Strong Problem-solving/Trouble-shooting Skills
- Highly Motivated
If you are contacted for an interview and require any accommodation, please notify us in advance of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
10 hour shift
Supplemental pay types
Do you have your own Basic Tool set?
- production machinery: 1 year (preferred)
- mechanical assembly: 1 year (preferred)