R&D Lab Technician
- Candidates must have a Technical diploma/certificate
- Min 2-3 years of relevant laboratory experience, preferably in the personal care industry
- Familiar with lab equipment (tube sealer, roller mill, mixers, homogenizers, ovens, hot plates, water baths, centrifuge, etc)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; analytical problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate common sense, strong organizational and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work as a team member, work well unsupervised
- Detail oriented, motivated, and pro-active
- Technical competence in many aspects of the process; problem solver
- Strong computer knowledge and skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the lab chemist and help with batching and sample preparation.
- Operate labeling software and printer and ensures accuracy in the resulting labels.
- Label samples and distribute them to the appropriate departments.
- Clean and maintain work area, all lab equipment and other lab supplies.
- Maintain the lab inventory of raw materials, packing materials and other labware.
- Perform a wide range of lab tests to determine if products conform to applicable requirements and specifications.
- Assist the R&D Lab chemists with product testing: pH, viscosity, specific gravity.
- Receive and inspect raw packaging materials for conformity with requirements, as well as visually inspects raw materials and verify that labels, markings, cleanliness, and condition are satisfactory.
- Assist in the maintenance of the calibration program for laboratory equipment.
- Calibration of the pH meters, record and maintain the pH calibration logbook.
- Perform all work in accordance with GMP requirements, all applicable SOP’s, and all Health & Safety regulations.
- Accurate record keeping.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Monday to Friday
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
If you are contacted for an interview and require any accommodation, please notify us in advance of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.